The Revelation: Pt.4 A View From the Other SideJanuary 27, 2021 / Revelation 4:1-11
A View From the Other Side
Revelation 4:1-11, Revelation 5:1-14
The Raptured Church: Chapter 4:1-4
Rapture can be defined as the state of being transported. Jesus will descend and call his children home.
1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 16For the LORD himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. ^17After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the LORD in the air. And so we will be with the LORD forever. ^18Therefore encourage one another with these words
1 Corinthians 15:51-56 51Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed- ⁵²in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. ⁵³For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. ⁵⁴When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.” ⁵⁵”Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?” ⁵⁶The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law.
Who will be involved? Those who accepted Christ, those who are dead, those that are alive will be involved. The Rapture will take place before the tribulation. Notice the church is not mentioned after the church age. We will not be appointed unto God’s wrath.
The New Glorified Body
What will we look like when we get to heaven? John described how Christ looked to him in his glorified state, but what about us? Scripture shows we will be like him- Flesh and Bone, Recognizable, Spirit Dominates, Unlimited in time and Space, Eternal Body, Glorious Body.
- We will be like the Body of Christ-
- Philippians 3:21 Who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.
- 1 John 3:2 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him
- Our Body will be Flesh and Bone- this body has substance
- Luke 24:39 Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have.”
- We will be recognizable-
- 1 Corinthians 15:41-50
- The new body will be dominated by Spirit
- 1 Corinthians 15:41-50
- The body will be unlimited in time, space, gravity-
- Luke 24:31
- John 20
- Will be an eternal body
- We will have a glorious body. It is suggested that glorious means body will radiate, shine
- Mark 9:1-8
- Luke 9:29
The Judgment Seat of Christ: Revelation 4:2-5
- There is more than one judgment that is taught in scripture. This is the judgment where all believers will stand before the throne of Jesus and give their account of stewardship. This could be what is called the bema judgment. This is where you are judged and awarded for your stewardship.
- Who will be involved? Jesus- The Judge, The Raptured Believers, no unsaved will be part of this judgment. The Great White Throne Judgment is for the sinners. This seat of judgment is for the saints.
- What is the Concern of the Lord? Jesus will not be concerned with punishing the believers for sin 1 John 1:7 but he wants to see who faithful stewards Matthew 25:1-30. A steward is one who protects, takes care of a possession. In the past God dealt with us as sinners, in the present, we are dealt with as Sons, in the future when we stand before him we will be dealt with as stewards.
- Some of the specifics as a steward: He will look at the reasons or motives for doing our works, things that supposed to be done have been done, works that we do, and multiply.
- What are the results?
- Some will suffer loss
- Some will receive Reward
- 5 Rewards: Un-corruptable Crown, Crown of Rejoicing, Crown of Life, Crown of Righteousness, Crown of Glory. These crowns will be used to glorify God Revelation 4:9-11
- Un-corruptable Crown- Those who overcome the flesh 1 Corinthians 9:25
- Crown of Rejoicing- Those who lead others to Christ 1 Thess. 2:19
- Crown of Life- Those who overcome trials of life James 1:12, Rev. 2:10
- Crown of righteousness- those who look for, long for the return of the Lord. 2 Timothy 4:8
- H) Crown of Glory- Faithful preachers & teachers who feed the flock 1 Peter 5:4, Proverbs 4:9, 16:31, Isaiah 62:3
The Marriage & Supper of the Lamb Chapters 4:6-11, 5:1-14, 19:4-9
- Proof of Marriage: Romans 7:4 We became dead to the law, married to Christ Revelation 19:7-9
- Place of the Marriage: the place and time will take place after the judgment seat of Christ and before the second coming of Christ.
- The Participants: a) God the Father he is pictured as the host Luke 14:16-24
- The Bridegroom- Jesus Christ John 3:27-30, Luke 5:34-35
- The Bride- The Church (Us) 2 Corinthians 11:2, Ephesians 5:22-32
- The invited guest- the called, friend of the groom John 3:29, Rev. 19:9 many believe it is most of the believers before Pentecost (Abraham, Noah, Moses, Isaac, Jacob)
- Pattern of this Matter? 3 Separate Stages
Betroth Stage– The Grooms Father would promise his son for the chosen bride (Selection of bride Ephesians 1:3-4, Payment Made 1 Corinthians 6:19-20)
Presentation Stage– Father would send for bride present to groom place hands together. This will start at the rapture of the church met at judgment seat Revelation 4:8-11
Celebration Stage– the uniting of the Bride & Groom Luke 12:35-37, Psalm 45, Rev 19:1-9