A Season of Grace Pt. 1: Grace to Handle It
December 9, 2020 / 2 Corinthians 12:7-10
1 Corinthians 15:10
Grace to Handle It
II Corinthians 12:7-10 NKJV
And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. 8 Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. 9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
1 Corinthians 15:10 NKJV
But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me
- THE PRICE OF REVELATION
- Don’t Allow Spiritual Encounters To Produce Spiritual Elitism
- Your Trajectory Makes You A Target
Three Reasons Satan Targets You
- He Wants To Discredit The Authenticity Of Your Relationship With God
- He Wants To Discourage Others From Trusting God As They Watch You Experience Trials
- He Wants To Dismantle The Purposes Of God Over Your Life
III. THE PRAYER FOR PARDON-to cancel or postpone the punishment
- It’s Okay To Tell God It Hurts
Hebrews 4:15 NIV
For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin.
- There Is A Moment Called “Lord Make It Stop”
IV. THE PROVIDENTIAL REPLY
- God Is Not Obligated To Respond When We Give Him One Option
- God’s Answer Doesn’t Have To Always Come In What We Want, But What We Need
V. THE PARADOXICAL RESPONSE -seemingly absurb or self contradictory
- A Mature Believer Praises God Through What Others Complain About. Grace Is Undergirded By Three Things:
- When You Acknowledge Your Weakness, He Strengthens Your Witness
VI. The Grace That Produced Me
1 Corinthians 15:10 NKJV
But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.
VI. RECOGNIZE WHO I AM BECAUSE I UNDERSTAND WHO I WAS
- Denying Your Story Robs You Of Your Destiny
- He Called Me In Spite Of Me
VII. I REFUSED TO WASTE THE GRACE
- He Could Have Chosen Anyone, But He Chose You
- God Never Invests In Us Without Expecting A Return
2 Timothy 1:6 NKJV
Therefore I remind you to stir up the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands.
John 15:8 NKJV
By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.
- See the Seed as Precious
- Submitted to The Process
- Seize the Season to Produce
VIII. I WORKED THROUGH WHAT THEY SAID
- You Do not Have to Seek Worldly Affirmation When You Have Divine Confirmation
- I Produced Under Pressure
VIV. I REALIZED MY POTENTIAL IS TIED TO HIS PRESENCE
- God Presence Manifest In 3 Ways
- I Was Conscious Of My Connection
Philippians 4:12-13 NKJV
I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. 13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Romans 8:36-39 NKJV
As it is written: “For Your sake we are killed all day long; We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.” 37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. 38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- I’m Anointed For It
- I’m Anointed To Confront It
- I’m Anointed To Conquer It
- I’m Anointed To Complete It