In the O.T., the Temple, represented a place where people came to encounter God, to worship and pray. It was a go to model. In the N.T., the Holy Place is replaced by a Holy Person. Acts 3:29, 33-34
TEXT: Ecclesiastes 9:9-12
- ROL is in an unprecedented shift. As I have said before, “I truly never saw it coming.”
- Some of the greatest God moments in life, come as “suddenlies”, they come as quiet moments of great surprises.
1. SHIFTS COME IN MIRACLE MOMENTS OF TIME AND CHANCE.
- Gen. 1:1 – “In the beginning God.”
- You HAVE to take a risk every once in a while, and let God bring you new creativity. WE HAVE DONE THAT!
- “Chance” in the Hebrew language = [colliding, collision]
- He says “I will arrange things down the road that time and chance will cause you to collide with your destiny, collide with your calling and your purpose in life.”
2. GODLY SHIFTS ARE ARRANGED IN FRONT OF US. Ps. 37:23-24
- The Christmas Story: (The Innkeeper)
- The Pool at Bethsaida (John 5)
- Mark 10:46-52
Every once in a while, God will set you up and you realize this is the big deal right now, and when it happens it’s almost like….”We must Obey God.”
3. FAITH IS SPELLED R-I-S-K. I Cor. 5:7