Revelation 6:9-11, Revelation 7:1-17
Follow along with the latest message from Grace Bible Church
Safe and SecureSeptember 17, 2023 / Keith Waggoner / Revelation 6:9-11 / Grace Bible Church
A few things we need to know about the Great Tribulation:
1. The Great Tribulation is a
2. God’s people during the Great Tribulation.
3. After the Great Tribulation,
QUESTIONS FOR FURTHER STUDY
• What is your immediation reaction to the phrase “Great Tribulation”? Explain your response.
Read Revelation 6:9-11 and discuss:
• Is a negative reaction to our suffering a godly reaction? Have we really understood that God calls us to suffering?
• What can we learn from their prayer and God’s response? How does that inform our suffering?
Read Revelation 7 and discuss:
• Can you recall any other time that God sealed people during a time of judgment? What does this reveal?
• What do you think the “sealing” means? How is that grounded in Scripture?
• Verse 3 says those sealed are “servants of God”. What does it mean to be a servant or a slave to God? (cf. Romans 6:16-19)
• Why are verses 9-12 a fulfillment of the promise God made Abraham in Genesis 12? What does this reveal to us about God’s plan?
• How does the promise of verse 17 impact your perspective today?
PERSONAL REFLECTION & APPLICATION
• Am I truly a servant of God or am I just giving lip service?
• Are there areas of your life that tempt you to want to run from God in fear rather than run to him in faith?
• Who needs to hear what God has done for me?