Liberty Baptist Church of Las Vegas, NV
Why We Give
February 23, 2020
Main Scripture Reference(s)
Why We Give
February 23, 2020 / Acts 2:41-45
In our passage we see that they gave to meet one another’s needs.
- They gave sacrificially –They gave generously – many needs were met
- They gave sufficiently – everyone’s needs were met
- They gave individually – everyone gave
- They gave responsibly – as though this was their delight
God’s plan for His church is to be a giving church. Here is Why I Give!
First let me say that I believe in three types of giving.
- Tithing – that is giving 10% of my income to the local church to advance the kingdom of God – Malachi 3:10
- Faith Promise Giving – that is a promise to God you will give back to Him a specific amount He lays on your heart to give in a given year to missions – 1 Samuel 1:11
- Grace Giving – that is giving above your tithe to a work you feel God wants you to invest in trusting Him to supply your needs – Luke 6:38
We Give Because We See the
This place ministers to needs in Las Vegas, we want to help
- Liberty Baptist Church services.
- Liberty Baptist Academy – a K5-12 grade fully accredited Christian school.
- KVXL Experience Liberty Christian Radio – reaching ¾ of the Las Vegas valley 24 hours per day.
- Iglesia Bautista Libertad – our Spanish outreach.
- Neighborhood Farmer’s Market – distributing donated goods to over 1,000 families each month in partnership with Las Vegas Metro Police Department.
- Camp Liberty.
- AWANA Clubs.
- Liberty Worldwide Missions Outreach.
- City-wide community events.
- Specialized – training like Financial Peace University and Teachers Colleges.
- Bible Clubs
1 John 3:17 | 1 Timothy 6:17-18 | Hebrews 13:16 | Luke 3:11
We Give Because We Believe in
This place is my home
Galatians 6:5-6 | 1 Timothy 5:8 | 2 Samuel 24:24
We Give Because We This Place
- We are fed here
- We have fellowship here – Hebrews 10:24-25
- We have raised our kids here – 1 Corinthians 9:11
We Give Because This Is the of God
- Israel brought their tithe to the storehouse – Malachi 3:10
- The New Testament believer looks at the local church as the house of God – 1 Timothy 3:15
- I want to lay up my treasures in Heaven – Matthew 6:19-21
We Give Because We Believe God Giving
Luke 6:38 | Proverbs 3:9-10 | Proverbs 19:17 | 2 Corinthians 9:6-8 | Philippians 4:17-19
We Give Because It Is More Blessed to Give Than to
John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
The Father gave His Son to give eternal life
Let’s follow His example – Get involved in giving