If you are a guest, we welcome you to CBC Owasso! Please text new2cbc to 94000 to fill out our digital connect card. We are so glad you're here!
Grill Talk: Finding Your Worship Sweet-ToothFebruary 18, 2024 / Dr. Clayton Chisum / Central Baptist Church of Owasso
Finding Your Worship Sweet-Tooth
Grill Talk: How to Feed Yourself
February 18, 2024
Dr. Clayton Chisum
Your private worship feeds your public worship
Hebrews 5:12-6:1 NLT
Psalm 150:6 ESV
Nursery Rhyme Worship
Your preference must die in worship.
1 Thessalonians 5:4-11 NLT
Psalm 40:3 NLT
“How should we worship?”
Revelation 7:9-10 NLT
Psalm 100:1-2 NLT
- Music produces emotion
- Quality worship music is truth set to a song
John 4:24 NLT
- You are called to give yourself in worship
Psalm 95:1-2 NLT
Psalm 95:6 NLT
Psalm 47:1 NLT
1 Timothy 2:8 NLT
Hebrews 13:15 ESV
- The Church is a community of worshippers
Colossians 3:16 NLT
How to get your mojo back:
Psalm 51 NLT
- Share what you like and dislike about worship music.
- Why is music such a moving experience? What is God’s purpose for music?
- Share your experience with different worship styles. What has changed or stayed the same as you’ve grown up?
- Why do you think we all prefer one style of worship music over another?
- What should be our standard for good quality worship music? Why?
- When you combine the emotions of music and the recognition of Truth in worship music, what should be our response in a worship service?
- How do you feel comfortable worshipping in a public setting? Does this change when you’re in private?
- If the Bible gives us physical ways to express ourselves in worship, what practices do you need to implement in how you worship? How is a sacrifice of praise biblical obedience?
- How can faking it or refusing to worship harm your relationship with God and affect others around you in worship?
- What needs to change in your expression of worship that will give glory to God, encourage other believers, and share Jesus with the lost?