To Live Is Christ: Prayer
January 24, 2021 / Lombard Bible Church
SERMON SERIES: To Live Is Christ
MESSAGE #2: Paul’s Prayer
Lombard Bible Church
January 24, 2021
FILL IN THE BLANK
In verse 1, Paul calls himself a of Christ Jesus.
Paul gives at least three reasons he shows grace to ALL in the church (in Philippians 1:2-8)
“Love is better with & truth is better with “
YOUR OWN SERMON NOTES:
- Talk about one of the most difficult people you’ve ever worked with (at school or work)? What made them difficult to work with? Were you able to accomplish anything good with that person? If so, What? & How were you able to do that?
- Similarly, Paul had some people in the church of Philippi that were difficult to work with, but he was able to partner together with them for the gospel. Read Philippians 1:1-11. What did you hear from the Scripture or the message this past Sunday?
- Read Philippians 1:1. Why do you think Paul calls himself a servant/slave of Christ? Is it a struggle for you to think of yourself as a slave/servant of Christ? Why/why not? How could viewing ourselves as “slaves of Christ” be a helpful way to view our relationship with Jesus?
- Considering Philippians 1:2-8, Why do you think Paul was able to have prayers of thanks and joy for people in the church he disagreed with (*see his problems with people in Philippians 3:2, 18-19 & Philippians 4:2). How do you treat people you disagree with? Would your treatment of people you disagree with change at all in light of this Scripture?
- In Paul’s prayer for the church in Philippians 1:9 we see that knowledge is to be connected to increasing our love for people. Have you ever encountered someone that knew a lot about God, but didn’t love people well? What’s the problem with that?
- If there’s one thing you want to apply & take away from Scripture this week, what would it be?
- Pair up and ask, “how can I pray for you?”