Power or People?June 20, 2021
Power or People?
The Servant as Leader –
1. What does his death mean?
- What his first followers –
“And they were on the road, going up to Jerusalem, and Jesus was walking ahead of them. And they were amazed, and those who followed were afraid.” (32)
b. What it –
c. What it –
“For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom
for many.” (45)
The self-sacrifice of God –
- Do you need to be loved like that?
- If you’re his, do you know you’re ?
- Can we admit that we have a problem?
What should his death do in us?
“And James and John, the sons of Zebedee, came up to him and said to him, ‘Teacher,
we want you to do for us whatever we ask of you.’” (35)
* You’re going to drink a cup of suffering and be baptized with pain.
“But whoever would be great among you must be your servant, and whoever would be first among you must be slave of all. For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” (43b-44)
- If you’re a follower of Jesus, .
- He never calls us to something he hasn’t .
- Will you allow him to , to ?