North Hills Church
May 30, 2021
Cross AgnosticismMay 30, 2021
Mann Gulch, August 5, 1949 –
“The Son of Man is going to be delivered into the hands of men, and they will kill him …. But they did not understand the saying.” Mark 9:31-32
What clogged their comprehension?
1. They were . (33-37)
You will not understand my if you do not embrace my .
2. They were . (38-41)
“We tried to stop him, because he was not following us.” (38b)
Jesus said, “Do not stop him.” (39a)
- He will not speak evil of the One who him. (39)
- If he is not , he is . (40)
- No simple act of toward my own will go . (41)
You will not understand my if you do not embrace the .
3. They were . (42-50)
- Sin is . (42a)
- Sin is . (42-48)
- Sin requires the . (49-50)
You will not understand my if you do not take .
This week – making the cross more understandable
- In what ways are you interacting with and serving those who are ?
- How can you this week (pray for, include, serve …)?
- Will you offer up to God a this week (“salted with fire”) that highlights the value of a soul, yours or someone else’s?
“Humility teaches us to be less concerned with knowing the answers and more concerned with learning the answers.”