A Place to BelongDecember 20, 2020 / North Hills Church
This amazing news that produces the is for .
Great Joy for All Peoples
A family unlike any other –
The story of the Bible – “In you all the families of the earth will be blessed.” Genesis 12:3
The Magnetism of Jesus
- Mark 1:33 – “The whole city was gathered together ”
- Mark 1:37 – “And they found him and said to him, ‘Everyone is .”
- Mark 1:45 – “Jesus … was out in desolate places, and people were from every quarter.”
- Mark 2:2 – “And many were , so that there was no more room, not even at the door.”
- Mark 3:7 – “Jesus withdrew with his disciples to the sea, and from Galilee and Judea.”
A family unlike any other:
- Jesus calls his followers .
- Definitive metaphor for what Jesus is up to –
- Most frequent way Jesus refers to God –
“And a crowd was sitting around him, and they said to him, ‘Your mother and your brothers are outside, seeking you.’ And he answered them, ‘Who are my mother and my brothers?’ And looking about at those who sat around him, he said, ‘Here are my mother and my brothers! For whoever does the will of God, he is my brother and sister and mother.’” Mark 3:32-34