Navigating In The Pandemic – Men’s MeetingSeptember 6, 2020
WITH BISHOP-DESIGNATE DR. OGLETREE SR.
September 5, 2020 @ 9a
Navigating In The Pandemic
“Jesus answered, “Even if I testify on my own behalf, my testimony is valid, for I know where I came from and where I am going. But you have no idea where I come from or where I am going.”
~ John 8:14
“History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are.” – David McCullough
I. Navigation depends on focus:
“True navigation begins in the human heart. It’s the most important map of all.”
– Elizabeth Kapu’uwailani Lindsey
a. Focus on priorities
b. Focus on right relationships: God, family, church, and friends
II. Navigation depends on identifying where you want to go:
a. When you are confused you will lose clarity and course.
b. Destiny must already be marked.
III. Navigation depends on the right friends or team:
“It is very difficult to teach navigation theory to someone who clings to the shore.” – Carol Bly
a. Life is not designed to navigate it alone.
b. Storms should not be navigated in isolation.
IV. Navigation depends on spending time with God
- New Devotional ‘Purpose Through Pain’ begins Monday, September 7. Text purpose to 77411 to join.
- Patmos Ministry Zoom meeting, Tuesday, September 8 @ 12 noon.
- Food Giveaway – Saturday, September 12; 10a-1p. Volunteers Needed: text food12 to 77411
- Church Zoom Meeting – Sunday, September 20 @ 6p