Following In Struggling Times – Church Zoom
July 18, 2021
BISHOP DR. ETHAN W. OGLETREE SR.
July 18, 2021
Following In Struggling Times
On hearing it, many of his disciples said, “This is a hard teaching.
Who can accept it?” ~ John 6:60
Imagine the world without Nelson Mandela, Martin Luther King, God calls men and women to challenging times to impact the world.
Vision is important and it is not the say as revelation. It is not a coincidence it is God working through the unknown to humanity to provide destiny.
1. Following Jesus is hard.
“A lot of people mistake habit for hard work. Doing something over and over again is not working hard.” – Shannon Sharpe
Hard means difficulty. Harsh to understand. To be insufferable and unbearable.
A. Hard to reason
B. Hard to recover
2. Following Jesus attracts haters.
The more successful you become you will draw haters. The moment you become clear on your destiny you will experience backlash.
A. Remember it was Jesus who called you.
B. Remember Jesus’ call will cover you. (Past and present mistakes)
C. You are not qualified before the call. God qualifies the call.
• Some hatred is demonic.
• Some hatred is jealousy.
• Some hatred is negativity.
All designed to limit God from fulfilling his purpose in you.
3. Following Jesus is to be Holy
Charles Stanley says, “Earthly wisdom is doing what comes naturally. Godly wisdom is doing what the Holy Spirit compels us to do.
Wise leaders should know that the human heart cannot exist in a vacuum. Holy does not mean perfect. It means to walk in the way of Jesus that will merit heaven.
• To love one another
• To be kind to one another
• To carry out our assignments
Charles Stanley says, “God will never direct us to be prideful, arrogant and unforgiving, immoral or slothful or full of fear. We step into these things because we are insensitive to the leadership of the Holy Spirit within us.
• Food Giveaway – Saturday, July 24; text july24 to 77411 to volunteer
• FGBCF Greater Houston District DOP Women’s Event – July 24 @ TBD
• Food Giveaway – Saturday, July 31; text july31 to 77411 to volunteer
• Grief Webinar #2 – Saturday, July 31; text grief17 to 77411 to register
• Campaign 52 Seed Offering $52 – Sunday, August 22
• Bishop’s Birthday Celebration – August 22; 8a – Overseer AJ Monterio; 10a – Bishop John Jasper.
B3 – Bishop’s Birthday Blessing – Bless Bishop Ogletree on his 63rd birthday with a birthday blessing:
$63 – single blessing
$126 – double blessing
$189 – triple blessing