Lesson 3 Courageous Joy – Joy in the Lord Will Release My Courage
September 18, 2021
G3 Women’s Bible Study
Dr. Pamela G. Ogletree
Joy in the Lord Will Release My Courage
Lesson 3 – September 18, 2021
“I leave the gift of peace with you—my peace. Not the kind of fragile peace given by the world, but my perfect peace. Don’t yield to fear or be troubled in your hearts—instead, be courageous! ~ John 14:27
Joy in the Good Times – “Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior.” ~ Habakkuk 3:18
• When we focus on God’s and , we can’t help but celebrate and praise Him!
• Joy must be a consistent in my life instead of a emotion I miss when it is gone.
• Courageous Joy reminds me of God’s faithfulness in both and the .
• I can have courageous joy because my hope is in the Lord, the giver of.
• Courageous Joy moves me to give thanks for the I didn’t ask for and thank Him for the I never prayed for.
Joy in the Bad Times
“You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing your praises and not be silent. LORD my God, I will praise you forever. ~ Psalm 30:11-12
• Hard times are real. Even when we don’t His plans and can’t fully His love, the Lord is and.
• There is from God when our joy and courage seem depleted by life circumstances.
• It is not easy, but we have to choose whether we face life challenges, disappointments and hurts with a or a .
• You have to remember that God is with you when no one else is
• Jesus offers to your burdens; it is up to you to them to Him.
Courageous Worship = Courageous Joy
“Shout for joy to God, all the earth! Sing the glory of his name; make his praise glorious. ~ Psalm 66:1-2
• God our worship.
• Worshipping is not about it is about a .
• Worshipping God with courageous joy simply means to God because you are in with Him.
• Authentic worship moves you from at your problems to at your God.
• Worshipping is where you go when you need to have your joy .
• If I want my faith to grow, then I must in drawing nearer to Jesus and be in my worship.
I Really Can have Courageous Joy and Peace
“Be cheerful with joyous celebration in every season of life. Let your joy overflow! And let gentleness be seen in every relationship, for our Lord is ever near. Don’t be pulled in different directions or worried about a thing. Be saturated in prayer throughout each day, offering your faith-filled requests before God with overflowing gratitude. Tell him every detail of your life, 7 then God’s wonderful peace that transcends human understanding, will guard your heart and mind through Jesus Christ. – Philippians 4:4-7 (TPT)
• Living a life full of courageous joy and peace is by in the Lord before seeing my answer or breakthrough.
• Living a life full of courageous joy and peace trusts that the God I serve knows how to turn my into and my into .
• Living a life full of courageous joy and peace is possible because I know that even when I am facing , I can my heart for the God is doing even when I can’t see it.
• Living a life full of courageous joy and peace means I can still see joy in what God has done.
• I can live a life full of courageous joy and peace !