Lesson 2 Courageous Joy – Joy In Who God Made You To BeSeptember 11, 2021
G3 Women’s Bible Study
Dr. Pamela G. Ogletree
Joy In Who God Made You To Be
Lesson 2 – September 11, 2021
“O Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me. 2 You know when I sit or stand. When far away you know my every thought. 3 You chart the path ahead of me and tell me where to stop and rest. Every moment you know where I am. 4 You know what I am going to say before I even say it.” ~ Psalm 139:1-4
GOD KNOWS YOU
• The God of all creation, our Heavenly Father, created you and knows everything about you.
• He knows part of you
• He knew just how you would take those parts and develop and for yourself.
• He knows where you will flourish and where you would need help.
Question – Which parts of the way God specifically made you bring you the most joy? Challenge you the most?
COURAGE TO UNDERSTAND YOUR PERSONALITY
• It takes courage to learn and accept your personality
• It is important to learn about your personality: what motivates you, what are your tendencies, what makes you tick
• Learning about our personalities allows us to ask God to show us our strengths and possible areas for growth
• We must that we all have when it comes to operating in our personality
God LOVES YOU TOO MUCH TO LEAVE YOU WHERE YOU ARE
And I am sure that God, who began the good work within me will keep right on helping me grow in his grace until his task within me is finally finished on that day when Jesus Christ returns? (Philippians 1:6)
• God loves you unconditionally
• God loves you no matter where you are in life, but He loves you too much to leave you there.
• I must understand that God loves me too much to leave me struggling in my sin and suffering in my pain
• It will take courage to allow God to love me out of the place He finds me in today.
GROWING IN FAITH AND COURAGE CAN BE HARD WORK
• Truth is it can be a struggle to leave our old ways behind
• Being Comfortable is familiar and this can lead to complacency.
• Being Challenged is difficult but this can lead to growth.
• Good News is God knows who we are and what we struggle with
• Loving yourself as God’s creation while allowing Him to work in you to make you more like Jesus will require you to have an of.
• Are you willing to embrace your identity as a loved daughter of God while opening your heart to the work the Father wants to do in you to have courageous joy?
STOP DEVALUING WHO YOU ARE
“Oh yes, you shaped me first inside, then out; you formed me in my mother’s womb. I thank you, High God—you’re breathtaking! Body and soul, I am marvelously made! I worship in adoration—what a creation! You know me inside and out, you know every bone in my body; You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit, how I was sculpted from nothing into something.” ~ Psalm 139:13-14 Message
• You were created as a wonderfully unique individual of great worth by the Most High God.
• Sometimes we forget that there never has been or never will be another person on earth just like you!
• God created us to have unique skills and interest so that when we, we can as one body
• Our enemy uses and to assault our identity and our courage.
• Whether or not others see you the way the Creator does as His beloved daughter does not change.
• You are a child of God, , , , and by Him.
“Then God looked over all He had made, and He saw that it was VERY GOOD!” ~ Genesis 1:31
It’s time to start being courageous and speak new words over your life and the life of another Sister: YOU ARE VERY GOOD because God made me (you) in HIS IMAGE!
What do you see when you look in the mirror?
How does your appearance, and your opinion of it, affect how you believe God sees you?
How do others describe you and your personality?
Where can you find more delight in your life and in the Lord?
Looking at ourselves with affection rather than criticism can be a challenge. How will you courageously find joy in God’s creation when you face yourself in the mirror this week?