TransformedJanuary 2, 2022
A Year of Transformation
Romans 12:2 (ESV)
2 Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.
Romans 12:2 (TPT)
2 Stop imitating the ideals and opinions of the culture around you, but be inwardly transformed by the Holy Spirit through a total reformation of how you think. This will empower you to discern God’s will as you live a beautiful life, satisfying and perfect in his eyes.
Understanding My Assignment begins with changing the way I See…
The way I see…
- My Calling/Assignment
- The World
- The Church
We are more focused on how we are seen then how we see….
Everything begins with a seed – a thought
Knowledge is not enough. It is important but not enough unless it changes the way you think and see.
Apostle Paul – Acts 9
God changed the way Saul saw –
Two questions I want you to ask yourself today?
1. What Change is taking place in my life?
Am I conforming to something or am I being transformed?
2. What am I being changed into?
Ephesians 4:17-24 (NKJV)
As we live in this world, am I becoming more like Jesus?
2 Corinthians 3:18 (NKJV)
18 But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.
A. How do I know?
- By recognizing what or who is driving the change.
- By recognizing what I am being changed into.
B. How do I allow my life to be Transformed?
- Have a daily authentic relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Renew my mind to the word of God.
- Allow the Holy Spirit to lead and direct my life.
- Be present with the Lord in worship and prayer.
- Have an authentic relationship with the Body of Christ, the Church.
- Connect with other believers as a part of the local Church.
- Serve the mission of the local Church.