The Assignment Week 3
January 23, 2022
The Assignment Pt. 4
The Church, The Mission, The Method
The word of God says that every believer has received gifts of grace and is responsible to use those gifts to minister one to another.
1 Peter 4:10 (TPT)
10 Every believer has received grace gifts, so use them to serve one another as faithful stewards of the many-colored tapestry of God’s grace.
Here is what we have learned so far…
1. You have an assignment from God.
2. You are responsible for that assignment.
3. You will be fulfilled & rewarded finishing your assignment.
4. Our Assignment is tied to others.
5. It is vital for us to allow the Holy Spirit by revelation to help us to see our assignment differently. Transformation is key.
6. Love is the motivation for completing our assignments.
The Mission – What is our Mission?
Matthew 28:19-20 (NKJV)
Mark 16:15 (NKJV)
Luke 24:46-47 (NKJV)
The Mission – Helping people to…
Know God – Preaching the Gospel/Adding to the Church
Find Freedom – Making Disciples/Edifying the Church
Discover Purpose – Making Disciples/Equipping the Church
Make a Difference – Work of the Ministry/
To Whom was He speaking?
The Church/Body of Christ
Matthew 16:18 (NKJV); Colossians 1:18 (NKJV)
Acts 20:28 (NKJV); 1 Corinthians 12:27-28 (NKJV); Ephesians 3:10 (NKJV); Colossians 1:24 (NKJV); 1 Timothy 3:15 (NKJV)
The Method – How are we to accomplish the mission?
Acts 6:1-7 (ESV); Acts 13:1-3 (ESV)
From these two passages we can see two specific areas of responsibility concerning our assignments as believers.
1. To Help where there is a need.
2. To Obey a more specific assignment of the Holy Spirit.
Our Assignments are tied to the Great Commission and the building up of the body of Christ, the Church.