Margaret Street Church of Christ
WORDS OF SALVATION
February 13, 2022
WORDS OF SALVATIONFebruary 13, 2022
“COME WITH ME” SERIES – Acts 16:11-40
Time and Place: Around 51 AD (first century) in Roman colony of Philippi, Greece
Scene: Early morning, passing through the market place, on the way to work.
- In Acts 16:19-20, who had been seized?
- Why had they been “dragged into the market place”?
- What were they being accused of doing?
- According to the earlier context (Acts 16:6-15) what had Paul and Silas been doing in the area?
- Put yourself in that scenario (Acts 16:23-24). As a Roman soldier all of your life, as the jail keeper, do you feel anything for these “troublemakers”?
- After having been severely beaten, thrown into stocks in the jail, what were Paul and Silas doing later? Who were listening to them?
- Why was the jailer about to kill himself?
- What answer did Paul give to the Philippian jailer’s question?
- We need to realize one of the purposes for which God often uses our circumstances is to show us , and to get us to .
- Is that ALL that was done? Did anything more happen after Paul responded to his question?
- Are there other verses that mention other things we must do “to be saved”?