THE CONSPIRACY OF CHRISTMASDecember 26, 2021
Pastor Paul Baldwin ~ December 26th, 2021
1. God wanted the gift of his son to fill his people with joy.
That night there were shepherds staying in the fields nearby, guarding their flocks of sheep. Suddenly, an angel of the Lord appeared among them, and the radiance of the Lord’s glory surrounded them. They were terrified, but the angel reassured them. “Don’t be afraid!” he said. “I bring you good news that will bring great joy to all people.” Luke 2:8-10 (NLT)
“The Savior—yes, the Messiah, the Lord—has been born today in Bethlehem, the city of David! And you will recognize him by this sign: You will find a baby wrapped snugly in strips of cloth, lying in a manger.” Luke 2:11-12 (NLT)
2. God wanted the gift of his son to be a “personal gift”.
3. God wanted the gift of his son to bring peace to troubled hearts and a troubled world.
Suddenly, the angel was joined by a vast host of others—the armies of heaven—praising God and saying, “Glory to God in highest heaven, and peace on earth to those with whom God is pleased.” Luke 2:13-14 (NLT)
Christmas challenge is two-fold: Pay attention & Participate.
Pay attention – (Prayer) God, give me eyes to see and ears to hear what you are up to in me and around me. God, break my heart for the things that break your heart.
(1) Physically participate – See the need, fill the need.
(2) Financially participate – Don’t just give to the church, give THROUGH the church. Crowd fund fantastic ministry (giving instructions).
(3) Prayerfully participate – Develop a practice of praying as a couple or as a family.
Daily Bible Readings
Mon—1 Timothy 1:15-17//Tue—Acts 5:31
Wed—Revelation 12:5//Thu—John 1:4-5
Fri—Romans 12:10//Sat/Sun—Psalm 34:8
They were terrified, but the angel reassured them. “Don’t be afraid!” he said. “I bring you good news that will bring
great joy to all people.” Luke 2:9-10 (NLT)
Join us online or in-person next weekend at our regular service times:
Sat. at 6:15 p.m. & Sun. at 10:30 a.m. & 12:15 p.m.