Your Only Viable Choice Is to Keep FightingJanuary 31, 2021
The text: Moses’ 10 plagues.
- God turns the Nile into .
- A plague on the .
- on the skin.
- with a .
- The of the .
What to know about the protection of the Lord in a battle.
2 Kings 6:16 | 2 Corinthians 10:3-5 | Psalm 91 | Luke 4:1-11 | 1 Corinthians 10:13
- It’s .
- Don’t be … but be about it!
- Fighting God is a battle.
- God always offers a way !
SMALL GROUP QUESTIONS
What Do You Think?
What struck a chord with you from Sunday’s service?
The story of your life.
- When was the last time you watched one of the movies about the Exodus (ex: Prince of Egypt, Ben Hur, etc.)? Which was your favorite?
- What is the greatest battle you have ever overcome?
- During the message, Pastor Kyle referenced a story about Elisha in 2 Kings 6 about the unseen protection of the Lord. Read 2 Kings 6:8-23 and have a few members of the group recap the story using their own words.
- What does this story tell us about God, God’s protection, people, and you?
- In light of this, is there anything you need to do differently?
- Another topic we saw from the message was that God’s protection is real but that we shouldn’t be foolish in terms of how we apply it. During Jesus’ temptation in Luke 4, Satan misquotes a segment of Psalm 91 to Jesus to try to get the Lord to do something rash when the Lord was weary. Read Psalm 91 in its entirety, then read Luke 4:1-11.
- What different tactics does Satan try in Luke 4 to get Jesus to sin?
- How does Jesus counter them?
- What implications does this have for how we should consider the protection of the Lord today?
- Ephesians 6:10-20 is arguably the best example in Scripture for how believers should seek the protection of the Lord. Read it together and answer the following questions.
- Have each person share a thought, tip, or strategy about God’s protection that stuck out in a fresh way after reading.
- On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate yourself in terms of putting on the armor of God daily? What is one thing you could do to bump that number up a bit this week?
Personal reflection and application.
- Have everyone share one thing someone else said that spoke to you.
- Have each member share a prayer request and take a moment to pray together.