City Church [LoveHopeCity.com]
When the Unexpected Takes Longer than Expected
January 24, 2021
When the Unexpected Takes Longer than ExpectedJanuary 24, 2021
What to do when the unexpected takes longer than expected:
Put your aside.
1 Kings 17:4 NASB | 1 Kings 17:9 NASB
what Jesus said.
Isaiah 40:10 NKJV | Psalm 27:1-3 NKJV | Matthew 6:25-34 NKJV
Be a in this time.
John 17:22-23 NKJV.
Do not … have the proper .
SMALL GROUP QUESTIONS
Getting to know you.
- Welcome to the first week of Winter/Spring Small Groups. Take a few minutes to introduce yourselves and share your favorite highlights from this past holiday season.
- Review the Small Group Top 10 list together (you can find this within the Church Center app in your small group resources).
What Do You Think?
- From Sunday’s message, what particular point caught your attention, challenged you, or raised a question?
The story of your life.
- Nazareth talked about remembering prior blessings to help get you through unexpected circumstances. What is a prior blessing in your life that reminds you of God’s goodness and faithfulness?
- In light of God’s goodness and faithfulness, how are you encouraged about what the future holds?
- When unexpected circumstances happen, it is easy to lose perspective of God’s promises and instead worry and “catastrophize” as Nazareth put it. To remind ourselves of what God says, read the following verses and answer the questions below.
- Matthew 6:25-33.
- Joshua 1:9.
- Romans 8:38-39.
- Proverbs 3:5-6.
- Jeremiah 17:7-8.
- Philippians 4:6-7.
- John 14:27.
- Which verse struck a chord with you the most?
- What does that verse say about God? People? You?
- Nazareth mentioned that Christians should be a light in these dark times. Read the words of Jesus in Matthew 5:14-16 and answer the following questions.
- In this Covid era, how has someone been a light in your life?
- How can you practically and safely be a “light” in the life of someone you are connected to this week? Who is it? What can you do? When are you going to do it?
Personal reflection and application.
- Have everyone share one thing someone else said that spoke to you.
- Have each member share a prayer request and take a moment to pray together.