The story: Exodus 2:1-10 – Dangerous gamble or genius plan?
Three things that made Jochebed such a great mom that will make you a better version of yourself.
SMALL GROUP QUESTIONS
What do you think?
- What struck a chord with you from Sunday’s service?
The story of your life.
- Pastor Kyle described Moses’ mom Jochebed as “the best mom ever.” Many of us probably beg to differ and could offer numerous reasons our mom is just as worthy of that title. What is one thing you really admire about your mom? If you have a difficult/troubled relationship with your mom, maybe share about a quality in a “mom-like” figure in your life.
- Another thing we considered on Sunday was the fact that one of history’s greatest leaders was once a helpless baby, completely dependent upon his mom and dad for everything. All of us were once the same. In light of that, we were encouraged “not to despise small beginnings.” Share about a “small beginning” in your life today that you hope will blossom into something great in the future.
Digging Deeper in God’s Word.
- After praying and thinking about the moment Jochebed would release Moses down the river, she eventually had to put the little guy in there and trust God with his life. Letting go is not easy. At the same time, letting go and trusting God does not mean we sit back, relax, and wait for Him to do everything. There is a balance between trusting God and doing everything we can to create an environment where God can move. How do the following verses help paint a balanced picture of our part and God’s part in letting go and trusting God?
- Proverbs 14:8.
- Proverbs 14:15.
- Proverbs 16:9.
- Proverbs 19:21.
- Proverbs 21:5.
- Proverbs 21:31.
- Which verse above is most important for you to pay attention to this week?
- Part of letting go and trusting God may also include reminding ourselves of what’s most important and how God may be at work. How might the following verses help you do that and continue to move forward?
- Matthew 22:37-40.
- 2 Corinthians 4:16-18.
Personal reflection and application.
- Have everyone share one thing someone else said during the discussion that stood out to them.
- Pray for one another.