How to Set Yourself up for More Success and Less Burnout – Part 2March 21, 2021 / Exodus 18:
A breakdown of Exodus 18.
*See also Numbers 11:14-17 and Deuteronomy 1:7-14.
- Verses 1-12: Moses’ family reunion and Jethro’s conversion to Yahweh.
- Verses 13-27: Jethro’s wise counsel to Moses.
Four things every
leader person needs to experience more success and less burnout.
- To know how to and healthy .
Exodus 18:22 | Acts 6:1-4
- To constantly and others.
Exodus 18:19-26 | Acts 6:1-7 | 2 Timothy 2:2 | Ephesians 4:11-13 | 1 Peter 2:9 | 1 Corinthians 1:11-17
- To remember that is always more important than .
Exodus 18:21 | 1 Timothy 3:1-13 | Titus 1:5-9
- To stay our whole .
Exodus 18:24 | Proverbs 12:15 | Proverbs 19:20
SMALL GROUP QUESTIONS
What Do You Think?
What struck a chord with you from Sunday’s service?
The story of your life.
- What is the best piece of advice you have ever received to avoid burnout?
- Of the four keys Pastor Kyle outlined to experiencing more success and less burnout, which one resonates most with you?
- Have a few group members share about someone in their lives who encouraged, equipped, and empowered them. How did this experience shape who you are today?
- All of us should want to be known for being confident in what we do and how we live life. It’s also safe to say that none of us want to be known as arrogant, stubborn or unwilling to change when needed. This is why staying “teachable our whole lives” is so important, not just in leadership but also in our personal lives. How might the following verses help each of us evaluate if we have a “teachable spirit”?
- Proverbs 12:1.
- Proverbs 28:13.
- James 1:19.
- 2 Timothy 2:15.
- Is there one of these you need to pay more attention to than the others?
- As we heard this weekend, a key part of knowing how to set boundaries and avoid burnout is saying no to some things so we can say yes to the things God has for us. How would the following verses help you know what you should start or stop doing to live as God has called us to?
- Luke 10:27.
- Matthew 28:19-20.
- Colossians 3:23.
- What are some challenges in knowing how to have healthy boundaries and avoid burnout while putting these verses into action?
Personal reflection and application.
- Have everyone share one thing someone else mentioned that stood out to them.
- Pray for one another.