THE FIRST “POST-PHARAOH” BATTLE: Moses’ friends hold up his arms until Israel defeats the Amalekites.
4 keys to set ourselves up for more success and less burnout.
Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 | Hebrews 10:24-25
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 | Philippians 4:13 | 2 Timothy 1:7 | 2 Peter 3:17 | 3 John 1:2
Exodus 17:8-10 | 1 Kings 19:19-21 | Luke 2:52 | 2 Timothy 1:2, 2:1-6, 4:1-8
Exodus 17:14-16 | Ephesians 6:10-20 | 1 Timothy 6:12
SMALL GROUP QUESTIONS
What Do You Think?
What struck a chord with you from Sunday’s service?
The story of your life.
Have everyone share a high and low from their week (in 2 minutes or less).
- We heard this weekend how God gave the Israelites victory but they still needed to fight for it. God and the Israelites both had a part to play in the victory. The same is true for us. God causes our growth but we have a part to play in it. How do the following passages help you better understand these two aspects of growth?
- Ephesians 4:22-25.
- Galatians 5:16-23.
- Philippians 2:12-13.
- What do you think could happen if you focused only on your part in the growth process or just on God’s part?
- Understanding who Jesus is and what he has done for us is the essential message of Easter (which we will be celebrating very soon). The following passages all contain statements that Jesus made about himself. For each one, identify what he says about himself and how these things could impact your life as a disciple.
- John 6:35.
- John 8:12.
- John 10:7-10, 14-15.
- John 11:25-26.
- John 14:6.
- Jesus rising from the dead is foundational to the Christian faith because it is the proof that Christ is who he claimed to be – our Savior and God’s only son. The reality of the resurrection isn’t just about eternity; it has a tremendous impact on how we live out our walk today. What importance does 1 Corinthians 15:12-19 place on Christ’s resurrection for us in our Christian walk today?
Personal reflection and application.
- Have everyone share one thing someone else mentioned that stood out to them.
- Pray for one another.