Trust God & Honor God As HolyMay 23, 2021 / Lombard Bible Church
SERMON SERIES: EQUIPPED
FINAL MESSAGE: TRUST GOD & HONOR GOD AS HOLY
Lombard Bible Church
May 23, 2021
YOUR OWN SERMON NOTES
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS (Talk over the message with your friend, spouse, or LifeGroup!)
- Have you ever felt like you missed out on something great? Do you wish you could go back and experience what you missed? Share your story.
- Near the end of Moses’ life, he missed out on experiencing God’s promised land for himself because he didn’t trust God or honor God as holy. Read Numbers 20:1-13. What did you hear from the Scripture or the message this past Sunday?
- Moses didn’t trust God which explains why (Numbers 20:12) he struck the rock twice instead of speaking to it like God commanded (Numbers 20:8). Have you ever had a hard time trusting God with something? Describe your experience. Did anything help you trust in God more?
- This is a safe place to share: Is there anything about God, faith, or the Bible you’re having difficulty trusting right now?
- Another reason Moses missed out on experiencing the promised land was because he didn’t honor/treat/regard God as holy. What do you think it means that God is “holy?” Why do you think the character trait of God’s holiness is emphasized so much in Scripture?
- Pastor Justin said that we “honor God as holy” by being different like God is different (Lev 19:2). How do you think God is calling you to be different, as a follower of Jesus?
- Pair up and ask “How are you doing?” Then ask “How are you really doing?” Pray for each other.