To Live Is Christ: The Secret Life of PaulMarch 7, 2021 / Lombard Bible Church
Message Title: The Secret Life of Paul
Sermon Series: To Live Is Christ
March 7, 2021
Lombard Bible Church
Scripture: Philippians 4:10-13
Life circumstance is not what brings you lasting
Lesson 1: Contentment is found only in a relationship with Jesus
Lesson 2: The greatest joy we can ever find is not within … it’s in !
How do we look to Christ for our strength, for Christ to be our treasure?
- First, Turn to Christ with
- Second, Christ as your treasure
YOUR OWN SERMON NOTES
- Name a time you bought something (present/gift/vacation/etc …) you thought would bring you happy contentment, but it ended up being a let-down.
- We’ve all experienced let-downs from life circumstances. The Apostle Paul was no different. And yet, in the Scripture, no matter what circumstances Paul finds himself in, he is supremely content. Why? Let’s find out. Read Philippians 4:10-13. What did you hear from the Scripture or the message this past Sunday?
- Read Philippians 4:11. Paul says that he is content no matter what the circumstances. What does it mean to be content? Would you say you are content? Why/why not?
- Read Philippians 4:12. Paul says he knows how to be content when times are tough (humbled, hungry, and in want) as well as when times are easier (well fed, living in plenty). Why is it difficult to be content when times are tough? When times are easier, how is it possible to still be discontent?
- Read Philippians 4:13. Paul says he can [find contentment in all circumstances] through Christ who strengthens him. Give some reasons Paul might be strengthened or encouraged by his relationship with Jesus. List as many reasons as you can think of. Which reason encourages you the most? Why?
- Do you believe your contentment is found in Christ more than your circumstances? Why/why not?
- What is something you do that helps you treasure Jesus more?
- Pair up: how can I pray for you?