To Live is Christ: People in ChristFebruary 14, 2021 / Lombard Bible Church
TO LIVE IS CHRIST: PEOPLE IN CHRIST
Sermon Series: To Live Is Christ
Message 5: People In Christ
Lombard Bible Church
February 14, 2020
Scripture: Philippians 2:19-30
Your Own Sermon Notes
Discussion Questions (for you & your spouse, family member, friend, or LifeGroup!)
- Who is a person that has impacted your faith in a good way? How so?
- In Philippians, Paul picks out 2 people from church (Timothy & Epaphroditus) that are pointing to Jesus well with their lives. Read Philippians 2:19-30. What did you hear from the Scripture or the message this past Sunday?
- Timothy’s life was focused on the person and good news of Jesus (Philippians 2:21-22). We learn a big reason for this was the way Timothy was raised in the faith by his family, particularly by his Grandma & Mom (2 Tim 1:5). How has your family influenced your faith? How are you influencing your family towards faith? If not, why not?
- Unlike many people Paul knew, Timothy showed genuine concern for people in the church (Philippians 2:20). Why do you think Paul had a tough time finding people that genuinely loved people in the church of Philippi? Do you ever struggle with genuinely loving people at church? What holds you back?
- Epaphroditus was sent by the church to take care of Paul & his needs (Philippians 2:25), which Epaphroditus did, even though he almost died doing it (Philippians 2:27). Has the church ever cared for your needs? How do you think you can show care for peoples’ needs at church?
- What’s one take-away from the Scripture or discussion that you want to apply in your own life this week?
- Prayer Time: Ask, “What do you need right now?”
- EXTRA IDEA: Philippians 2:29 encourages the church to honor people like Ephaproditus & Timothy, who like Jesus Christ, selflessly serve others over themselves. Think of someone from church who is like that and find a way to honor them this week.