Jesus King: See How He DiedNovember 14, 2021
Sermon Series: Jesus King
Message 15: See How He Died
November 14, 2021
Lombard Bible Church
- Have you ever seen a movie or read a book where someone sacrificed their life to save someone else? How did it happen? Why did they sacrifice their life in that story?
- At the end of the Gospel of Mark we see that Jesus intentionally sacrifices His life to save people from their sins, just like He said He would (Mark 10:45). Read Mark 15:1-39. What surprised you from the Scripture or what questions do you have?
- In many ways this Scripture shows Jesus’ humanity (i.e. death), but this Scripture is also the first example in the Gospel of Mark where a person (not influenced by a demon) declares Jesus’ divinity (Mark 15:39). Why do you think the Roman Centurion came to believe Jesus was the Son of God at His death? (Need help? Read Mark 15:39; Luke 23:44-47; Matthew 27:50-54)
- Jesus viewed His death as a necessary part of God’s plan (Mark 8:31). Why do you think it was necessary that Jesus died on the cross? (Need help? Read Romans 3:25; Romans 5:8-11)
- If this Scripture is true, how will you live differently?
- Pair up and ask (1) How can I pray for you? (2) then ask “How can I pray for you really?”
MARK 15 READINGS FOR THIS WEEK
- Day 1 – Read Mark 15:1-20
- Day 2 – Read Mark 15:21-41
- Day 3 – Read Mark 15:42-47
After each day answer the following questions:
(1) What shocked or surprised you from this Scripture? Is there anything you didn’t understand?
(2) What would you tell someone else, is the main idea of this section of Scripture?
(3) What does this Scripture teach you about God?
(4) What does this Scripture teach you about yourself?
(5) If the story is true, how will you live differently?