Lombard Bible Church
Jesus King – Jesus Christ Is Jesus King
August 8, 2021
Jesus King – Jesus Christ Is Jesus KingAugust 8, 2021
SERMON SERIES: JESUS KING
MESSAGE 1: JESUS CHRIST IS JESUS KING
AUGUST 8, 2021
LOMBARD BIBLE CHURCH
FILL IN THE BLANK
Jesus Christ means Jesus is
- Have you ever met someone famous? (If so, tell the story). Would you follow a famous person somewhere if they asked you?
- In Mark 1, people follow Jesus because they believe Jesus is King. Get 3 readers for the Gospel of Mark, Chapter One: Reader 1 (Mark 1:1-15), Reader 2 (Mark 1:16-31), and Reader 3 (Mark 1:32-45). What did you hear from the Scripture or from the message this past Sunday? Did anything surprise you from the Scripture or anything you didn’t understand? In your own words, sum up what message you think Mark is trying to get across from chapter one.
- In Mark 1:1, Mark claims that Jesus is the Messiah (Christ/Anointed One/King). How did people in Mark 1 show that they followed Jesus as King? Check out these examples:
- John the Baptist: Mark 1:7
- Peter & Andrew: Mark 1:18; Mark 1:30
- James & John: Mark 1:20
- Man with Leprosy: Mark 1:40
- Would you say you follow Jesus as King like these people? What would it look like for you to follow Jesus as King more?
- In Mark 1:24, someone believes Jesus is God, but are they a Christian? What makes a Christian? (need help? Check out Mark 1:15)
- Ask, “How can I pray for you?” for each person & pray.
MARK 1: READING ON YOUR OWN
- Day 1 (Mark 1:1-15)
- Day 2 (Mark 1:16-31)
- Day 3 (Mark 1:32-45)
After each day answer the following questions:
(1) What shocked or surprised you from this Scripture?
(2) What don’t you understand from this Scripture?
(3) What would you tell someone else, is the main idea of this section?
(4) What does this Scripture teach you about God? What does it teach you about yourself?
(5) If the story is true, how will you live differently?