Diversity: True WorshipJuly 25, 2021
Sermon Series: Diversity
Message 3: True Worship
Lombard Bible Church
June 25, 2021
1. True Worship is more than personal devotion. (Isaiah 58:1-5)
2. True Worship requires doing justice and loving mercy.(Isaiah 58:6-7)
3. True Worship ushers in shalom on a personal and communal level. (Isaiah 58:8-12)
1. When you think about worshipping God, what comes to mind?
2. In Isaiah 58:1-5, God does not accept the Israelite’sworship, even though they are fasting and praying because they have mistreated their neighbor. Why do you think it’s so important to God that we not only love God with all our hearts, soul, and mind, but that we also love our neighborsas ourselves?
3. What can we learn about God from the kind of fast or worship He chooses? (Isaiah 58:6-7) What does God care about? Why should care about these things?
4. How have you experienced God’s light, love and healing in your life? (Isaiah 58:8-11)
5. What are some ways you see God bringing shalom to the community? Or what are some ways you long for God to bring shalom to your community?
6. What is one way God may be calling you to do justice and love mercy where you live or work?