Relationship – More And Less Part 2: More Kind, Less CriticalAugust 8, 2021
More Kind, Less Critical
CRITICISM IS KRYPTONITE TO RELATIONSHIPS
Do not judge.
Do not judge,
JUDGE = KRINO
analyze or evaluate ——– condemn or attack
Stop judging by mere appearances, but instead judge correctly.
Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
IN RELATIONSHIPS WE USUALLY JUDGE:
- OTHERS BY THEIR ACTIONS
- OURSELVES BY OUR INTENTIONS
Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?
All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.
Someone who makes light of their own sin and shines a spotlight on the sin of others.
- first take the plank out of your own eye,
- and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.
JESUS USES THIS MASTERFUL STORY TO TELL US:
- Silence is not the solution.
- Be forewarned: Judgment has a boomerang effect.
- The first step in correcting well is to first see and remove our own sin first.
- Effective correction is done with kindness, gentleness, and humility
The next time I critique someone I care about I will:
- Remember my own sin.
- Correct with kindness.
- Make my motive restoration, not condemnation.