God’s Love Is For KeepsMarch 21, 2021
Keith Menshouse – March 21, 2021
Series: He Loves Me…He Loves Me Not – “It’s For Keeps”
Can anything separate us from the love Christ has for us? … Yes, I am sure that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor ruling spirits, nothing now, nothing in the future, no powers, nothing above us, nothing below us, nor anything else in the whole world will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:35-39 (NCV)
GOD’S LOVE IS FOR KEEPS.
- It’s not based on we have done.
- It’s not base on we are.
- It’s based TOTALLY on choice to love us.
- God’s is just like his love.
GOD WANTS ME TO KNOW HIS SALVATION IS FOR KEEPS.
I write this letter to you who believe in the Son of God so you will know you have eternal life. 1 John 5:13 (NCV)
- Jesus died on the Cross to take sin’s for me.
God sent him to die in our place to take away our sins. We receive forgiveness through faith in the blood of Jesus’ death. …God did this so he could judge rightly and so he could make right any person who has faith in Jesus. Romans 3:25-26(NCV)
- Jesus’ death provides forgiveness of my sin and makes me “” with God.
So as one sin of Adam brought the punishment of death to all people, one good act that Christ did makes all people right with God.
Romans 5:18 (NCV)
- Since salvation is completely dependent on God’s unconditional love then it is permanently .
When we were unable to help ourselves, at the right time, Christ died for us, although we were living against God. Romans 5:6 (NCV)
God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it.
Ephesians 2:8-9 (NLT)
- Since I didn’t do anything to my salvation – I can’t do anything to it (or it).
So do you think we should continue sinning so that God will give us even more grace? No! We died to our old sinful lives, so how can we continue living with sin? Romans 6:1-2 (NCV)
Can anything separate us from the love Christ has for us?
Romans 8:35 (NCV)
WHAT IF I SIN AND DON’T CONFESS IT?
- Christ died for our sins on the Cross.
- Salvation changes our status from to .
- Confessing our sin relates to our with God.
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9 (NKJV)
WHAT IF I DON’T WANT TO BE A CHRISTIAN ANYMORE?
- We were supernaturally into God’s family.
- We experienced the supernatural creation of something .
If anyone belongs to Christ, there is a new creation. The old things have gone; everything is made new! All this is from God.
2 Corinthians 5:17-18 (NCV)
- If we believe that we can choose to walk away, we must also believe we can .
For it is impossible to bring back to repentance those who were once enlightened Hebrews 6:4 (NLT)
WHAT IF I LIVE LIKE NOTHING REALLY HAPPENED?
- Be – give God time to bring about true change.
- Be – don’t allow barriers to the Holy Spirit.
- Be – Christ died to give you new life.
What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it? Romans 6:1-2 (NKJV)
- Be – maybe nothing really happened.
On the last day many people will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, we spoke for you, and through you we forced out demons and did many miracles.’ Then I will tell them clearly, ‘Get away from me, you who do evil. I never knew you.’ Matthew 7:22-23 (NCV)