October 10, 2021
Pastor Anthony (awall)
October 10th, 2021
Focal Passage: John 15:9-11
-“The chief end of man is to glorify God and Him forever.”- Westminster Shorter Catechism
-“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”- CS Lewis
– Joy: A deep rooted happiness and pleasure that comes from knowing the Lord, regardless of our .
9 “As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. 10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.11 These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full.” John 15:9-11 (NKJV)
– We each get invited into an intimate personal/spiritual with Christ.
– The foundational piece of finding our joy in the Lord, is a deep into our relationship with Him.
– The word ‘abide’- it means to , or stay, or make your home in.
“If you abide in me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire and it shall be done for you. By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit, so you will be my disciples.” John 15:7 (NKJV)
– It’s not about reading our Bibles and saying a prayer, it’s about with Jesus.
– Learning to enjoy and in God begins by learning to spend time with Him.
“If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just I have kept my Father’s commands abide in His love.” John 15:10 (NKJV)
“He who has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. And he who loves me, will be loved my Father, and I will love him and show myself to Him.” John 14:21 (NIV)
-“God always blesses those who the right thing.”
– Our obedience is a direct to our love for Him.
“Surrender don’t come natural to me I’d rather fight you for something I don’t really want, then you take what you give that I need.” – Rich Mullins ‘Hold Me Jesus”
-“These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full.” John 15:11 (NKJV)