Laurelwood Baptist Church
This Is My Father’s World
February 7, 2021
Main Scripture Reference(s)
This Is My Father’s WorldFebruary 7, 2021 / Psalms 24:1-2
What does the Bible say?
- God created humans to be stewards of the earth (Genesis 1:26-28; Psalm 8:6-8)
- God created us different and with different passions; which is a good thing! (Ephesians 2:10; 1 Corinthians 12:18)
- Fear not: God says this earth is not our final home (2 Peter 3:10; Psalm 46:2-3; Revelation 21:1)
What can you do?
- We are stewards: Do what you can to take care of this planet
Ideas: Don’t use straws; eat the food you buy; reduce water waste; buy energy-efficient things (bulbs, appliances, etc.); weatherize your home; and many more ideas
- When talking to those who have different passions about the environment: Don’t be dismissive; listen and learn
- When talking to those who are concerned or fearful about the future of the Earth: Offer the hope of Jesus
Questions To Consider
- Have you found yourself listening to the “noise” or the politics surrounding our planet? What are those voices saying?
- What does the voice of God and God’s word say about our planet?
- What are some ways that you can be a good steward of our planet?
- How passionate are you about our planet? How would you respond to someone with a different level of passion?
- How could you share the hope of Jesus if you ever encounter someone who is anxious or fearful about the environmental state of our planet? What would you say to them?