How do you share your faith like Jesus did?
You make contact with unbelievers (John 4:7)
You let the walls fall down (John 4:9)
You arouse spiritual interest (John 4:10-12)
You keep the conversation going (John 4: 13-15)
You don’t drop your bucket into their thimble (John 4:16)
You don’t condemn, but describe (John 4:17-18)
You stick with the main issue (John 4:20-23)
You present the real issue (John 4:25-26)
You expect results (John 4:29)
Questions to Consider
- Why do you think the longest personal conversation between Christ and an individual is about evangelism?
- Did Christ use a “turn or burn” approach?
- As you look at the life of Christ, did he primarily witness to people at the synagogue or in the street?
- Do you treat all people with respect and as a potential new member in the family of God? Give an example of how you reached out to someone not in your demographic.
- Why is Christ’s emphasis on receiving a gift such a contrast with first century Judaism?
- Why did Christ describe her sin instead of telling her to leave her sin? Do we make the mistake of asking people to repent of their actions before they have repented?