To be a faithful contributor…
“For it is superfluous for me to write to you about this ministry to the saints; for I know your readiness, of which I boast about you to the Macedonians, namely, that Achaia has been prepared since last year, and your zeal has stirred up most of them. But I have sent the brethren, that our boasting about you may not be made empty in this case, that, as I was saying, you may be prepared; lest if any Macedonians come with me and find you unprepared, we (not to speak of you) should be put to shame by this confidence.” 2 Corinthians 9:1-4
“So I thought it necessary to urge the brethren that they would go on ahead to you and arrange beforehand your previously promised bountiful gift, that the same might be ready as a bountiful gift, and not affected by covetousness.” 2 Corinthians 9:5
Be Eager To Sow
“Now this I say, he who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. Each one must do just as he has purposed in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 2 Corinthians 9:6-7
Questions To Consider
- What is one thing that stood out to you from this week’s message?
- How concerned should believers be about how their money is spent?
- Why would the Lord be concerned with a Christian’s giving?
- Should a Christian budget giving? Why or why not?
- How can we be sure we are giving from the right motive?
- What action comes to mind that we could do to practice “right giving”? (hint: hilarious)