Laurelwood Baptist Church
Home Grown Disciplemaking
April 26, 2020
Main Scripture Reference(s)
Home Grown DisciplemakingApril 26, 2020 / 6:
The key to raising at home is being a yourself
How do we raise the children in our lives to be devoted followers of Christ?
- First, must come before rules (vs. 4, 5)
- Second, truth must be before it can be offered (vs. 6)
- Third, use life to instill timeless truths (vs. 7)
- Fourth, daily lead to lifetime choices (vs.8-12)
Question To Consider
- Who are the children, youth, and even young adults that you have some type of relationship with or close connection? What are the topics you talk about or things you have done together? Would talking about the Bible or your own walk with the Lord be awkward, normal, or even accepted by them? Why or why not?
- Read Deuteronomy 6:4-6. What is God calling you to do in this passage? What are some of the different ways you have found helpful in living out this command?
- Read Deuteronomy 6:7-9. How are you to share this truth with the children, youth, and young adults in your life? Share some examples.
- Read Deuteronomy 6:10-12. What is the danger of not following through with what God is saying here? What might be one thing you could start doing that you haven’t done yet? When will you do it? Who can you tell to help you follow through?