Laurelwood Baptist Church
Gaining Wisdom Together
July 19, 2020
Main Scripture Reference(s)
Gaining Wisdom TogetherJuly 19, 2020 / Proverbs 1-2:
But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, reasonable, full of mercy and good fruits, unwavering, without hypocrisy. James 3:17
This wisdom begins with (Proverbs 1:7)
But the fear of the Lord is about (Proverbs 9:10)
The fear of the Lord is seen at the
How do we gain this wisdom from above?
- First, we have to it (Proverbs 2:3-6)
- Second, we need to (Proverbs 1:5)
- Third, don’t be a (Proverbs 1:22)
- Fourth, Seek counsel from people (Proverbs 1:5)
- Fifth, Learn from your (Proverbs 1:23)
Questions to Consider
- What are some of the “proverbs”, axioms or wise sayings you use? Where did you discover them?
- Read Proverbs 2:1-6
a. Does wisdom simply come to us on its own? If so, how? If not, why not?
b. Notice the word “if”; what does this suggest?
c. How might we acquire wisdom according to this passage?
- Discuss some of the ways you plan to gain wisdom? How might you include others in your journey?