A GREATER CHURCH
March 14, 2021
“A scared world needs a fearless church”. – A.W.Tozer
Text: John 14:12-14 “I assure you: The one who believes in Me will also do the works that I do. And he will do even greater works than these, because I am going to the Father. Whatever you ask in My name, I will do it so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it.”
Today the church has the mandate to go to all people.
1) A great work begins with believers . Acts 1:1-14
The Church is only effective when it’s in motion!
• Faith always (It doesn’t draw back! Hebrews 10:39)
• Faith always takes .
• A healthy church is a
• A healthy believer is a .
9 It was not long afterwards that he rose into the sky and disappeared into a cloud, leaving them staring after him. 10 As they were straining their eyes for another glimpse, suddenly two white-robed men were standing there among them, 11 and said, “Men of Galilee, why are you standing here staring at the sky? Jesus has gone away to heaven, and some day, just as he went, he will return!” Acts 1:9-11: LB
Luke 24:50-53 – They worship, have great joy, and eventually take the gospel to the world.
Don’t forget who you are; you are the embodiment of the presence of God in an immobilized world.
2) Believers on the move are
24 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, 25 not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25
A few principles are found in this text:
• If you care about people, then you’ll be at engaged and active: “we are concerned, we promote love, we are encouraging one another, we are bearing each others burdens
How? Through the church.
- Some “habitually” stay away from church, and it’s not healthy.
- Day drawing near:” If we believe Christ is coming again, then it’s even more critical that we work through and in the body of Christ.
CONCLUSION : Everyone should have at least one person they are reaching: someone lost, someone unchurched, or someone de-churched during this Pandemic
80% of people are receptive to an invitation to church…reach out to them:
• Invite them to church
• Bring them to a city group setting
• Take them out for lunch after church
A “greater work” begins with just one.