Matthew 6:16-18 (NLT & The Message)
>>>>> MOVE <<<<<<PART 4: FASTmoveOctober 3, 2021 / Matthew 6:16-18 (NLT & The Message)
“More than anything else, I just want to see YOU move Lord.”
Today’s Primary Passage: Matthew 6:16-18
DENYING — even things that we REALLY, REALLY want — can actually us up in ways.
BIBLICAL FAST — “denying yourself of something (usually food), for the purpose of to God.”
Jesus is not teaching on whether or not we fast. He assumes we !
“…practice some appetite-denying discipline to better concentrate on God…” — Matt. 6:16 (The Message)
Fasting is our way of crying out, “I crave YOU, more than I crave THIS ___________ (food, entertainment, going out, etc…)”.
JESUS’ WARNING for FASTING:
“…don’t make a production out of it.” — Matthew 6:16
JESUS’ WISH for FASTING:
“If you ‘go into training’ inwardly, act normal outwardly. Shampoo and comb your hair, brush your teeth, wash your face. God doesn’t require attention-getting devices.” — Matthew 6:17-18 (The Message)
The purpose of a fast is to seek God with more and .
“And your Father, who sees everything, will reward you.” — Matthew 6:18 (NLT)
When it comes to FASTING and PRAYER:
Seek the , not the .
There is something you have been for
that you need to start for.
YOUR CHALLENGE: For the next 7 days, FAST and PRAY
2 questions to guide you through this FASTmove:
1) What’s something you have been PRAYING for (usually a PERSON, PROBLEM or PROMISE) that you need to start FASTING for?
2) What will you FAST for these next 7 days?
This week’s readings from “Draw The Circle” (pick up your free copy at the church Sunday or during the week) :
- Mon. – Day 22: Prayer Fleece (pg. 123)
- Tues. – Day 23: Not Now (pg. 129)
- Wed. – Day 24: Find Your Voice (pg. 134)
- Thurs. – Day 25: A Prophetic Voice (pg. 139)
- Fri. – Day 26: Game with Minutes (pg. 144)
- Sat. – Day 27: Double Circle (pg. 150)
- Sun. – Day 28: Quit Praying (pg. 155)
Close your time in prayer either on your own or through the Prayer feature on your Bible App.