Knowing God and His Blessings
Life Together (Ephesians 1:15-23)
1. Know God.
2. Know the God of glory.
3. Know our God of glory.
- The God of glory is our Father.
- The God of glory is committed to us.
- The God of glory is committed to bless us.
4. Know our God and live out our identity.
5. Know our God and live out His blessings.
- “Paul prays that we might know more of the hope to which God has called us, the rich inheritance which he possesses in us, and the mighty power by which he energizes us. These are all aspects of the mighty salvation which has been won for us in Christ. ” – Peter O’Brien
- Live out the blessing of hope.
- Live out the blessing of assurance.
- Think of it: he owns all the heavens, but we are his treasures. The redeemed are worth more than the universe. We ought to be delirious with this truth! Paul prays that we will see this with our heart’s eyes (Kent Hughes).
- Live out the blessing of power.
- The death of Christ is the supreme demonstration of God’s love; the resurrection of Christ is the supreme demonstration of God’s power (F. F. Bruce).