Forgiving One AnotherJanuary 2, 2022 / Colossians 3:8-15
1. Our forgiveness of others recognizes that we live in the present kingdom.
2. Our forgiveness of others puts away anger.
3. Our forgiveness flows out of love.
4. Our forgiveness of others is grounded in God’s forgiveness of us.
5. Our forgiveness of others is grounded in Christ’s sacrifice for us.
6. Our forgiveness of others is commanded.
7. Our forgiveness of others displays Christ’s peace ruling in our hearts.
8. Our forgiveness of others displays the unity of the church.
- Forgiveness means:
- We put down our pride and take up humility.
- We put down our anger and express love by letting it go.
- We don’t keep “a list” on the person and trust that God is their Judge.
- “Vengeance is mine, says the Lord, I will repay” (Rom. 12:19; Deut. 32:35)
- We forgive because of the…
- Word of God.
- Providence of God.
- Love of God.
- Grace of God.
- Glory of God.
- Judgment of God.
- People of God.
- Forgiveness is radically God-centered!