Hope Fellowship Church
The Gospel According to John – Week 15
June 27, 2021
Main Scripture Reference(s)
The Gospel According to John – Week 15June 27, 2021 / John 15:
The Gospel According To John ~ Week 15 ~ Dean Johnson ~ 06.27.21
- “The gate opening … had, moreover, above it those golden vines, from which depended grape clusters as tall as a man; and it had golden doors” – Josephus
John 15:2 ESV
- Context tells us that’s not the case for 3 reasons
- Audience – he’s talking to his , 11 hard core believers.
- Salvation can’t be the issue here, because our has nothing to do with our salvation. If it did, that would be works.
- In Christ (in Me) is ALWAYS used for TRUE .
- “Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he ,”
- airo is the Greek word for takes away – it means to lift up, to elevate – to free something that has a weight on it.
- This passage can’t be about because the Son is in charge of judgement
- Kathairo means to or purify.
- The absence of fruit or the presence of difficulties DOES NOT indicate the absence of .
- We don’t come to Jesus for a LIFE, we come to Jesus because HE LIFE.
- Great White Throne Judgement – that’s for .
- Judgement Seat of Christ. This is for the .
- In the original text Paul calls The judgement seat of Christ the “bema” seat or bench. The bema seat is where Greek athletes at the Olympics went to get their reward.
2 Corinthians 5:10
1 Corinthians 3:11-15
- Life IN Christ – that’s .
- Life WITH Christ – that’s .
- Life BY Christ – abiding in Him, remaining in Him is –, life giving life.