Hope Fellowship Church
Prayer Postures – Week 4
October 7, 2020
Prayer Postures – Week 4October 7, 2020
Lizzy Goff ~ 10.07.2020 ~ Hand-Raising
- Our hands speak loudly.
- 1. We lift our hands as a sign of and .
- Exodus. 17:11. “And so it was, when Moses held up his hand, that Israel prevailed; and when he let down his hand, Amalek prevailed.”
- You are acknowledging God’s power.
- 2. We lift our hands as a sign of and willingness to .
Psalm 119:48 ESV “I will lift up my hands toward your commandments, which I love, and I will meditate on your statutes.”
- We want God to know we’re available for Him to use.
- Lifted hands show a heart of freedom and openness as opposed to being closed off.
- 3. We reach to God, because He reaches to us.
- When our arms are up toward God, they are up in expectation that He will draw near to us and hold us.
- Psalm 18:16-17 “He reached down from heaven and rescued me; He drew me out of deep water. He rescued me from my powerful enemies, from those who hated me and were too strong for me.”
- Lifting your hands speaks volumes.