Hope Fellowship Church
Ephesians Week 3
May 31, 2020
Main Scripture Reference(s)
Ephesians Week 3
May 31, 2020 / 3:
From Death To Life – A Study of Ephesians Pt 3 : Ephesians 3: 14-19
Verse 15 Paul reminds us of God’s authority because maximum is found under God’s
Three. “Thats” that will change your life
- 16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being,
Because of his glorious riches, God has resources to accomplish His will in your life.
17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith.
If Christ dwells in your life in every decision
- 17…And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love,
Rooted is an agricultural term and established is a building term. If you want to go high, you have to go
18 (You) may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ,
Don’t just know God’s love, grasp it, take ahold of it. It’s got to move from your to your .
- 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
Not that you would fully understand God’s love – it surpasses knowledge, but that you would understand how _________
This will change your life, because what we ____________ determines how we__________________.
Prayer is the key. Three things to do to get this deep inside you.
- Do it, every day.
- Do it until it engages your heart. Luther “meditate on scripture until your heart catches fire“
- Be expectant. Calvin “there’s all kinds of things God wants to give you but can’t give you until you pray, because until then it’s not safe for you.”