THE TREASURES OF DARKNESS! 11 of 13December 3, 2020
THE TREASURES OF DARKNESS!
Bible Study Series
Thursday, December 3, 2020
Led by Pastor Shane
“Passing Through the Valley of Baca”
Lesson 11 of 13
Introduction: There is nothing that can substitute for personal faith in God. We must learn to spend every day in His presence. At times we face sorrow and tears, but God provides all that we need, even in these valleys. God is greater than anything that we can face any day of our lives. We can trust Him.
Bible Background Reading:
Psalm 84:1-12; Psalm 90:9-15; Psalm 23:1-6; Matthew 6:28-34
Day 1: Read Psalm 84:1-2. What is the great desire of the psalmist?
Day 2: According to Psalm 84:7, in what ways do God’s people move forward?
Day 3: In Psalm 84:11, what is the promise to those who walk uprightly?
Day 4: In Psalm 90:12, what is God’s Word teaching us about our attitude toward every day God gives us?
Day 5: According to Psalm 23:6, what has God provided for each day? Do we need anything more?
Day 6: Read Matthew 6:28-34. What does it mean to consider the lilies?
- To learn that God has packaged our lives into days and that every day is a gift from Him.
- To understand that God provides all that we need for each day, even the days of tears and sorrows.
- To be a reminder that we will face nothing in life that is greater than our God.
- To live each day in the presence of God exercising our personal faith in Him.
- To include prayer, the Bible, and thankfulness to God in our lives each day.
–We must exercise our own personal faith in God.
I. EACH DAY IS A GIFT FROM GOD TO US!
–Every day is a gift from God, and what we do with that day is our gift to God.
II. GOD GIVES US WHAT WE NEED FOR EVERY DAY!
–Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life.
III. GOD IS GREATER THAN ANYTHING WE WILL FACE ANY DAY!
–We have God’s promise that He will give us each day what we need for that day.
— We can count on the fact that we will face nothing in a day that is greater than our God.