THE TREASURES OF DARKNESS! 10 of 13
November 19, 2020 / Psalms 18:
THE TREASURES OF DARKNESS!
Bible Study Series
Thursday, November 19, 2020
Led by Pastor Shane
“His Way Is Perfect!”
Lesson 10 of 13
Introduction: We may not understand all that God is doing in our lives, but we can be sure that His way is perfect. The great struggle we deal with is whether we will yield to God’s way or continue in our way. The Lord works in us to bring us to the place where we make our way His perfect way. He allows us to come to times where there is no way out, and we cry to the Lord in our weakness. He hears our cry and delivers us and shows us His perfect way.
Bible Background Reading:
Psalm 18:1-22, 30-32, 46-50; II Samuel 22:1-3; 1 Timothy 6:11-12; Proverbs 3:12; Proverbs 14:12
Day 1: Read Psalm 18:1-2 and list the descriptive names used to refer to the Lord.
Day 2: According to Psalm 18:4-6, what did David do in his time of great distress? What was the Lord’s response?
Day 3: According to Psalm 18:19, what did the Lord do for David?
Day 4: From Proverbs 3:12, what gives evidence that the Lord delights in us?
Day 5: Read Proverbs 14:12 and explain the difference between our way and God’s way.
Day 6: Compare Psalm 18:30 and Psalm 18:32. How is it that our way is made perfect?
- To realize that we have a perfect God who does nothing imperfectly.
- To understand that even when things do not go as we planned, God’s way is still perfect.
- To cry out to God in our times of distress and know that He will hear us and He will deliver.
- To find direction from God and to desire above all else to know what He wants for our lives.
- To be reminded that God loves us and delights in us, and that He is personally interested in each of us.
- To yield to the Lord so that His way becomes our way.
–We have a perfect God who does nothing imperfectly.
I. OUR GOD DELIVERS!
–When you cry out to God, your cry will come to God’s ears. He will hear you.
II. OUR GOD DELIGHTS!
–The amazing thing is not that we love God, but that He loves us and delights in us.
—God deals with us because He delights in us.
III. OUR GOD DIRECTS!
–Let us desire to do what God wants us to do. His perfect way must become our way.