THE MIRACLES OF JESUS LESSON 8
July 30, 2020
THE MIRACLES OF JESUS SERIES
Led by Pastor Shane
“God Hath Visited His People!”
Introduction: In Luke chapter seven we find a miracle involving death. We see that the Lord Jesus Christ has power over death. He has command over the entire universe. Every need in life is met in the Person of Jesus Christ. Our miracle-working God desires to work in our lives and receive the glory that only belongs to Him.
Bible Background Reading:
Luke 7:11-17; Ephesians 3:20; I Thessalonians 4:13; Hebrews 2:9-15; Revelation 1:18; John 11:25-26; Philippians 2:9-11
Day 1: In Ephesians 3:20, what do we learn concerning the ability of God?
Day 2: According to Luke 7:12, what do we learn about the condition of the woman in this miracle?
Day 3: In Luke 7:12-13, how did Christ respond to this widow?
Day 4: Read I Thessalonians 4:13. What does the Bible teach us concerning those who are “asleep?”
Day 5: What does Hebrews 2:12-15 say about the fear of death?
Day 6: According to Philippians 2:9-11, whom has God exalted above all earthly things?
- To show that God works in the lives of individuals.
- To understand that Christ sees our needs and He is the provision for them.
- To learn that life does not end at the time of death.
- To realize that our loved ones who have died in Christ are listening to the voice of God at this moment and are safe in His presence.
- To live victoriously in this life with the hope of eternal life.
–Our God is a miracle-working God, a God who can do all things.
I. CHRIST CARES!
I Thessalonians 4:13
–We never have to weep alone.
II. CHRIST COMMANDS!
–The greatest example of compassion in the Bible of Calvary.
–For the Christian, death is but a door we go through in the presence of God.
III. CHRIST CONQUERS!
–Our Lord has conquered death, hell, and the grave. Hallelujah, what a Savior.