THE MIRACLES OF JESUS LESSON 6
July 16, 2020
THE MIRACLES OF JESUS SERIES
Led by Pastor Shane
“He Saw Their Faith!”
Introduction: The Christian life is a faith life. This miracle of our Lord is a story of faith. A man sick of the palsy was brought to the Lord Jesus in a most unusual way-through the roof of a house. His four friends were determined to bring him to Christ. When the Lord saw the faith of all these men, He not only healed this man, He also saved his soul. Christ showed in this miracle that He is God and that He has the power to forgive sins.
Bible Background Reading:
John 16:7; Hebrews 4:12, 11:6; Luke 5:17-26; Matthew 9:1-8; Mark 2:1-2; Luke 19:10; II Corinthians 4:3-4; Luke 16:23-24; Ephesians 2:1; Matthew 11:20-24; Jeremiah 17:9-10
Day 1: According to Hebrews 11:6, what is necessary in order to please God? Are there any exceptions?
Day 2: Read the story in Luke 5:17-26. How does this sick man picture those who are without Christ?
Day 3: According to the account in Mark2:1-12, how many people were involved in bringing the sick man to the Lord Jesus Christ?
Day 4: In Luke 5:21, what were the scribes and Pharisees thinking concerning Christ?
Day 5: In Luke 5:24, we learn that the Lord Jesus healed this man for what specific reason?
Day 6: Read Luke 5:25-26. What is the greatest evidence of the power of God?
- To be reminded that the Christian life must be lived by faith, not by sight.
- To see that those who know the Lord have a serious responsibility to tell those who do not know HIm.
- To show that we must labor together to bring people to the Lord Jesus that they might be saved.
- To recognize that God knows the thoughts and motives of our hearts and to live consciously in His presence.
- To understand that the greatest evidence of the power of God is the evidence of a changed life.
- To live in a way that demonstrates the wonderful change Christ has made in our lives.
I. THE PARALYZED MAN!
Luke 5:18; Ephesians 2:1; Matthew 11:20-24
–May God help us to be people of faith who believe God for the things we need.
–All of those who know the Lord have a serious responsibility to tell others who do not know Him.
II. THE PARTNERS IN SERVICE!
–In partnership, these four men brought this one man to Christ.
— Let us continually give our lives to the work of bringing people to Christ.
III. THE POWER OF GOD!
–The evidence of a changed life cannot be disputed.