THE MIRACLES OF JESUS LESSON 5
July 9, 2020
THE MIRACLES OF JESUS SERIES
Led by Pastor Shane
“They Besought Him for Her!”
Introduction: God desires to deal thoroughly with each of us, and He often uses the ministry of sickness to bring us to Himself. When God allows affliction in our lives or in the lives of those we love, He causes us to realize our need of Him. As we deal with the sickness, Christ bears our sorrow with us and provides the grace that we need. His ministry to us enables us to love Him more and serve Him in a greater way.
Bible Background Reading:
Luke 4:22, 31-32, 38-39; Romans 8:28; Psalm 119:67; John 9:1-3; Luke 19:10; II Peter 3:9; Matthew 8:14-17; Isaiah 53:1-4, 11:1; I Peter 2:24
Day 1: In Luke 4:38-39, what circumstances caused this family to see out the Lord Jesus?
Day 2: According to Psalm 119:67, what can be used in our lives to bring us back to the Lord?
Day 3: In the story found in John 9:1-3, why was sickness allowed in this man’s life?
Day 4: How does the truth of Romans 8:28 help us when God allows sickness in life?
Day 5: Read Matthew 8:14-17. Verse seventeen refers to Isaiah 53:4. What does this verse teach us about Christ’s concern for us?
Day 6: In Luke 4:39, what did Peter’s mother-n-law do after Christ rebuked the fever?
- To see that we pursue the Lord for people because people need the Lord Jesus.
- To understand that the greatest thing we can do for others is pray for them.
- To show that God uses the ministry of sickness to deal thoroughly with us.
- To recognize that God may touch the life of someone we love in order to bring us to Himself.
- To learn that Christ bears our griefs and sorrows with us, giving us the grace we need in our times of affliction.
- To serve the Lord with greater devotion because of His love for us and Hi ministry to us in our time of need.
Luke 4:38; 22, 32, 39
I. THE MINISTRY OF SICKNESS!
–People need Christ, and we need to beseech Christ for them.
–Is God touching your life or the life of someone you love to help you realize how much you need Him?
II. THE MINISTRY OF THE SAVIOR!
–Jesus Christ loves us and desires to lift our heavy load. He cares.
— God performs a ministry in our lives in bearing our griefs and providing the grace we need.
III. THE MINISTRY OF THE SAVED!
–As a Savior ministers to us, He enables us to minister to others.
–The Lord is calling. Will you follow Him?