THE MIRACLES OF JESUS LESSON 4
May 27, 2020
THE MIRACLES OF JESUS SERIES
Led by Pastor Shane
“Launch Out Into The Deep!”
Introduction: In Luke chapter five, we read about a group of fisherman who witnessed a miraculous catch. The day of their greatest catch proved to be the day they left fishing for fish and follow Christ to fish for men. The Lord Jesus caught the fish to catch these men. They left all and followed Him.
Bible Background Reading:
Luke 5:1-11; I Corinthians 1:26-28; John 1:42; Psalm 8:5-9
Day 1: Read Luke 5:1-4. What two commands were given by Christ in verse four?
Day 2: In Luke 5:5, did Simon Peter obey Christ’s commands?
Day 3: According to I Corinthians 1:26-28, what are the things that God has chosen to use?
Day 4: In Luke 5:8-9, what was Peter’s response to this miracle? Why did he respond in this manner?
Day 5: What phrase spoken by the Lord Jesus in Luke 5:10 shows us that this event marked a change in the lives of these disciples?
Day 6: What two expressions in Luke 5:11 indicate that Christ had “caught” not only the fish, but also these men?
- To show that salvation is not the end but rather the beginning of all that Christ desires to do with our lives.
- To realize the Lord is waiting to bless us the moment we are willing to obey Him.
- To see that God is looking for vessels that He can bless and use.
- To understand that we cannot be used of God unless we fall at His feet and trust wholly on Him.
- To be willing to lay down all that we have and allow Christ to do with it as He pleases.
- To realize that all of God’s children have been called to follow the Savior.
1 Corinthians 1:27
I. THE FISH!
–On this day, Christ was the fisherman, and He caught men to do His eternal work.
–The Lord is waiting to bless us the moment we are willing to obey.
II. THE FEAR!
–God used this miracle, not to catch fish, but to catch these men.
III. THE FORSAKING!
–No one deserves to be blessed and used of God, but God is looking for vessels He can bless and use.
IV. THE FOLLOWING!
–The Lord is calling. Will you follow Him?